The accelerated algo. is in use when the code is run on a h/w box which has
the C2xxx SoC with QAT 1.5.

*O/p from /proc/crypto*:

name         : authenc(hmac(sha512),cbc(des3_ede))
driver       : icp_qat_des3_cbc_sha512_hmac
module       : icp_qat_netkey
priority     : 4001
refcnt       : 1
selftest     : passed
type         : aead
async        : yes
blocksize    : 8
ivsize       : 8
maxauthsize  : 64
geniv        : <built-in>

*Now, in case where the code in run on linux box:*name         :
authenc(hmac(sha256),cbc(aes))
driver       : authenc(hmac(sha256-generic),cbc(aes-asm))
module       : authenc
priority     : 2000
refcnt       : 9
selftest     : passed
type         : aead
async        : no
blocksize    : 16
ivsize       : 16
maxauthsize  : 32
geniv        : <built-in>

I will rephrase my question. I think it was not asked clearly in the
previous email.

So, I have used cryptodev-linux module (http://cryptodev-linux.org/) for
FIPS validation to access the /dev/crypto interface and running user space
code (example under cryptodev-linux-1.8/examples/ ). This took car of the
FIPs validation when the code was running on the linux box as the linux
kernel code did the encrypt decrypt.

I need to do the same FIPS validation on the h/w box which has C2xxx SoC
with QAT 1.5. I am not sure how to access drivers to get o/p for fips
validation for various alogo's.

I was under the impression, using cryptodev-linux module would do it by
detecting the code is run on h/w and the kernel would handoff the
encrypt/decrypt operations to the h/w.

In short, can we use cryptodev-linux module to access C2xxx SoC. or any
other library like cryptodev-linux to access it?

Thank you,
--
Chirag