At 01:09 PM 7/19/2006, Chris Hughes wrote:
>In message
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Janet
>Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>>
>>In the meantime, I'm also working on fixing a display issue for our main
>>school site. I am trying to set the text width in our content div to only
>>go 80% across since at 100% the length per line is uncomfortably long to
>>read.
>>
>>I've noticed however, that on certain pages that have only a list of links
>>the text is squished in, for example:
>>
>>http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/news/newsevents_archive.html
>>http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/curriculum/coursecatalog/term.cfm
>>
>>This only happens in Firefox, not IE.
>Those pages look the same  in MSIE 6, Opera 9.1 and FireFox 2.0b1 on my
>system...
>--
>Chris Hughes

Really? For me, IE 6 displays the width correctly, but in Firefox, this is
what it looks like:

http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/registrar/coursesbyterm_screenshot.png

(Actually, when I went back to the News Archive page in Firefox just now,
it looks pretty much like the IE version except that the underline under
"News Archive" is shorter than it appears in IE. Before, though, it was as
squished together as in the screenshot)

Janet