Hello List,

This is my first attempt at CSS using columns, floats etc.

I have been experiencing problems and would appreciate a website check.

In my first attempt at css columns I had a problem with the ...
background image .... no repeat-y"
I first created the page and tested it in IE 6 . where it would render ok

When testing in FF and Opera . the background would not repeat / column
widths are erratic / column lengths are erratic / top navigation is not
staying within the <div id="wrapper">

http://www.kenomultimedia.com.au/
http://www.kenomultimedia.com.au/keno.css

I did ask for help on the list and Ingo Chao replied with..

"Understanding CSS-concepts like floating is easier if you start
creating your site in FF or Opera."
After several attempts I still haven't managed to get the image to
repeat in FF and Opera.

I have since created another main page, this time to suit FF 1.5 and
Opera 9.0
and this time I have used an image and color individually for the columns.

http://users.ncable.net.au/~keno2/
http://users.ncable.net.au/~keno2/keno4.css

In FF, IE6 and Opera, I still have problems with column (length)
alignment, spacing and top navigation (breaching its retainer)etc.

Just hoping someone on the list could help me out here .. I think I may
have to go back to basics and start again.
I am learning so much from just sitting back and observing the list.
Hopefully I will gain enough expertise to possible help someone else one
day!! :-)

Is it possible to have on the same website, separate linked or import
style sheets to suit different browsers, as I have never heard of this
before ..

Thanks in advance,

Keno.