On 11/09/2007, Jukka K. Korpela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Kristina Floyd wrote:

> For example in firebug, I can trace the font-size back to the original
value
> that it was set at in the body tag.  What I'd like is to be able to select
> some text and to be given the equivalent value in pixels or pts, as I'm
> unsure that the value thats given in the layout part of firebug gives the
> equivalent pixel value if it was in Photosho.

>> You seem to mean that you would like to see the _computed_ font-size
>> values. Firebug apparently has provisions for such inspection in the DOM
>> view, but it works in a confusing way, if at all. Yet, I wonder whether
>> this is the heart of the matter.

Do you mean the way Nick just described using the 'show computed style'
feature of Firebug?  If not what do you mean by confusing?

> From the Owen Briggs method
> I set the body to be 76% and then increase or decrease the font-size in
ems
> accordingly, thereafter.

>> I here what you are saying, but I don't see how that's related to
>> measuring font sizes.

Because the client takes a screenshot of the website and then compares that
to the original design, and points out an discrepancies.  As I'm using Owens
method, sometimes I need to play around to get the sizes to appear as
similar as possible across the board,

(hope that helps clarify)

Thank you for all your help
Kristina