On May 1, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Atkinson, Sarah wrote:

> I go to a website fairly regularly and their styles are horrible.
> It's just too painful for me to look at anymore. Is there away for
> me to create a Stylesheet for it and have my browser automatically
> override there styles? I know to many of you this might sound
> horrible but don't worry no designers feelings will get hurt... I'm
> sure that no designers were used in making the site.

User stylesheet is what you're looking for.
For my personal use I have a 1500 lines user stylesheet to override a
number of barbarities (did I mention I hate microscopically small
type ?).

If your browser is Firefox, it has to be stored in <yourprofile>/
<randomnumber/crome/userContent.css
Firefox (and other Gecko based browsers) have some very handy css-
extension, that allows to limit styles to one particular site (or
URL): @-moz-document
<https://developer.mozilla.org/index.php?title=En/CSS:%40-moz-document>

Safari and Opera also have decent support for user stylesheet.

On May 1, 2009, at 10:25 PM, Bobby Jack wrote:

>> Unfortunately, no browser supports it very well (IMHO) which is a
>> real shame.

It is not that bad… UI is a bit lacking in general, though.
OmniWeb probably has the best implementation, with its per site
preference.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh