David Laakso wrote:
> IE/6 does not support  min-height and is honoring height:500px;
> The correction is to let content determine height. Compliant browsers,
> and IE/7 will all go along with this; and, IE/6 will follow suit.
>
> #content {  border: 1px solid red (4 position only--delete);
>    width:580px;
>    overflow:hidden;
>    margin: 0 0 0 190px;
>  min-height:500px (delete rule);
>  height:auto !important (delete rule);
> height:500px (delete rule);
> }

Oh, I understand what you're suggesting now. And yes, that doesn't
interfere with my tiling background. But it does end up with certain
pages looking a little silly:

http://tinyurl.com/mfyyuf

That's why I started using that min-height hack in the first place. Sure
you can just add line breaks, but since this is a CMS site, I'd like to
give the client something that is easier to use than that.

Isn't there an easier way? Or perhaps the question is: is there a better
way of achieving min-height? Or perhaps the best I'm going to get is to
make ie6 "just work, and no more", while the other browsers will
actually "work AND look good".

...josh