On 2009/05/31 19:19 (GMT-0400) snak detek+0r composed:

> Since I'm still trying to get my mind around this (and the w3 rules are
> quite hard to parse IMO), I was just playing around with my own styles
> when I noticed that the original base line-height value for this project
> was set using %:

>       font-size: 100%;

> This is taken directly from Eric Meyer's reset stylesheet

>       http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/index.html

> And I always assume he knows what he's doing. Since he's also not
> changing the font size (100% pretty much means "say the same"), is this
> rule simply included to dictate the way line-height is calculated on
> descendants?

Nothing to do with line-height, just insurance against IE bugs:
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=InternetExplorerWinBugs
--
"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control."   Proverbs 29:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/