As one of those much maligned people who surf the web with js disabled, I
can tell you that any number representing % of users surfing with js
disallowed is suspect.   I surf with js disabled, even though it can be a
pain, to avoid loading the multiple js files that are used by many sites to
do things I don't think they need to do, local newspaper site loads 23
different js files.  That's on my office computer.  When I can, I run my
mobile devices with JavaScript turned off all the time.

IF I encounter a problem, I may abandon the site or I may enable some js
scripts to run if the site has something that I really want to access.  As I
land on the site I'd then be counted as non-js user, then after enabling js
I would be counted as a js user.  I'm not sure how allowing only some js
scripts to run w/b counted.

.Net sites are some the worst because, as a developer,  you have to work
around not using JavaScript for postbacks. Close runner ups are those sites
that won't let me add to a shopping cart, or submit a form w/o JavaScript
being enabled.  But my real disdain I reserve for those sites that are
completely illegible w/o js enabled.  Those site designers haven't earned
their fee and should apologize to every user.

I don't think the question s/b "Why do I turn off JavaScript?"  My question
w/b "Why do you need JavaScript?".    I can only think of few times where
use of js is justified.  Not everywhere, all the time.

Christie Mason