> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Elli Vizcaino <elli...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>  Can you tell me what version of Chrome and OS you're viewing from? And
> have you checked it out in any other browsers? Because it was never an issue
> before. The link had been up for discussion in another post a couple of weeks
> ago and plenty of people on the list saw it and responded. No one has ever
> reported not seeing Little Days at all. So this is really surprising as this
> is
> the first time I'm hearing this.
>>

>>  Creampuff on the other hand is the font in question for this topic and the
> one
>>  that doesn't show up for me in FF but does on all the other browsers.
> My chrome version is 16. If you cold post a screen shot w browser and OS
> details
> that would be awesome!
>
> This is the case in all browsers I checked with on Windows XP (IE7,
> Chrome 16, FireFox, Safari) and Mac OS X 10.7 (Chrome 16, Firefox,
> Safari).  I mentioned littledays.ttf because you said it worked and
> that you used that same code for creampuff.ttf, but the reason
> creampuff.ttf doesn't work is because you never had working code to
> begin with since you're littledays.ttf does not work either.
> Currently, the font that renders on your
> http://www.e7flux.com/clients/sof/ project for me is Monotype Corsiva
> since that is a font I have installed on my machines, but Little Days
> does not render and no browser is able to get the font file because
> the browser is looking in the wrong place based on your "src"
> property.  When you use a path like "fonts/creampuff.ttf" that is
> relative to where your css file is located at and so the browser is
> going to look in
> "http://www.e7flux.com/e7flux2012/css/fonts/creampuff.ttf".  I would
> send a screenshot of what I'm seeing but I'm between moves and my
> servers are currently down.  I would suggest using absolute urls for
> these things or use the next best thing
> "/e7flux2012/fonts/creampuff.ttf" since that will point the browser at
> the root of your site and build the path out to the proper spot.  Once
> you get the "src" property set correctly things should be working much
> better.
>
> As to why people may see the fonts just fine, one thing to keep in
> mind is that if you have the font installed on your computer then you
> will see the font show up just fine because your computer has the font
> and the browser is able to grab it from your machine.  This is also
> why others may have had no problem viewing your page with the
> specified font.  If you want to test @font-face make sure you test it
> from a machine that doesn't already have the font installed.

Jason,

The reason I have a hard time wrapping my head around you stating that no
browser can render the Little Days font is because that isn't true. I
can see the Little Days font on my machine on all browsers as plenty of
other people have as well when I originally posted. Here is the link
again for anyone following and who would like to chime in on wether the
Little Days font is rendering: http://www.e7flux.com/clients/sof/

Even a friend with a Mac can see it and I highly doubt she's got Little Days
installed - I honestly don't think many people would unless they are a
designer. if what you're saying is true I
would have heard from the client by now about the issue. So perhaps
something is going on in your machine. Perhaps you have default settings on
your machine or browsers - I don't know. But I can not accept that
Little Days is not rendering in any browser when I can see the font for
myself on my machine. I can also see creampuff with the exception of FF. All
that being said, I'm not negating that it's probably best to
use absolute paths but in the case of the creampuff font not rendering
in FF it didn't make a difference even when the path was changed to
absolute. In fact, if you inspect the code you should see that it's an
absolute path now and has been for the last several hours.

Elli Vizcaino
Helping artists, entrepreneurs and small
businesses knock the socks off the competition!
http://www.e7flux.com