>Really you had two issues going on.  First was your pathing issue

>which prevented the rest of us from seeing the problem (unless we had>the font
>installed) and you did get that corrected for creampuff and I

>was able to verify that the font is now downloading properly with no
>errors.

The thing is it still wasn't downloading for me in FF on my machine (Windows 7)
at all even w path corrected. All other browsers were rendering the Creampuff
font with both relative and absolute path.

The second issue as was pointed out is that the font file
>itself was corrupt.  BTW, if you still wanted to use the creampuff
>font I was able to download a good, non-corrupted, version (in all the
>supported formats) from here http://www.fonts2u.com/creampuff.font and
>it includes the @font-face download with a stylesheet containing the
>necessary @font-face code.  I did download your code and was able to
>get it working locally in all browsers.  Here's the @font-face I used
>with the font files downloaded from the link above:>@font-face {

>    font-family:"Creampuff";
>    src:url("../fonts/CREAMPUF.eot?")
>format("eot"),url("../fonts/CREAMPUF.woff")
>format("woff"),url("../fonts/CREAMPUF.ttf")
>format("truetype"),url("../fonts/CREAMPUF.svg#Creampuff")
>format("svg");
>    font-weight:normal;
>    font-style:normal;
>}

Thanks so much! I went ahead and
downloaded the font from this link even though, it's still the same font with
same altered signature as the one I had before. I implemented the
@font-face kit markup and used absolute paths and everything is working
fine. But because it's the same font I had as before it makes me wonder
why FF had such issues w it since all other browsers were rendering it,
regardless of relative path. I had also changed the name of file from CREAMPUF
to creampuff as I hate using caps, so I don't know if somewhere within the file
itself there was embedded code for a specific file name to be used.

>I went ahead and took some screenshots of the SOF project you
>referenced as "working" so you could see what I'm seeing with that
>project.  Again I downloaded a good copy of "Little Days" font from
>the same site I got creampuff from and I downloaded your code locally
>so you can see the difference between "Little Days" not working and it
>working.  Here is what I see in Chrome 16 for your SOF site:
>
>Top half of page:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/meenfrmr/6641808481/in/photostream/
>
>Bottom half of page:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/meenfrmr/6641808435/in/photostream/

There's a bit of confusion for me here. I thought you initially stated you were
using Chrome 17? Now you are saying Chrome 16 - I'm only on 16 and it's been no
problem. The other thing is, these screeshots are a bit small to get the full
view but it looks to me like the other custom font that I'm using: Candara is
displaying - yet the path is still relative as I have not changed the code for
this yet. That's interesting because the problem seems to only be w Little
Days. And as I also stated previously, you are the first to tell me you weren't
getting the Little Days font rendered. Can you provide a close-up of Candara
(content well text)? I think I will have to post some sort of test check to get
more feedback before I change the code to absolute paths. It's just intriguing
to see the many different behaviors going on w @font-face. There doesn't seem
to be any consistency and can vary for so many different reasons...

Just found this on Google. Some worthy @font-face gotchas to note:
http://paulirish.com/2010/font-face-gotchas/

Elli Vizcaino
Helping artists, entrepreneurs and small
businesses knock the socks off the competition!
http://www.e7flux.com