-Caveat Lector-

At 01:44 PM 1/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
>Hawk has informed me that he was removed from the list.
>I would like the listowner to reconsider his or her decision.
>All of us have been guilty of intemperate remarks from time to time on
>this list. (myself included.) I'm on the opposite end of the political
>spectrum from the dread bird, and I didn't find his posts that offensive.
>I've read some blatantly anti-semitic stuff that was far more offensive,
>in my opinion, that his posts..
>
>Best wishes,
>William

Hugh, although I often disagree with your views, I respect your
scholarship, civility, lack of insecurity, and tolerance.  Your ability to
engage in a lively exchange without resorting to the arrogant, ill-mannered
and unlearned tactics of the core group that is allowed to control this
list is refreshing.  You are a gentleman.

I agree that Hawk should be allowed to stay, as should anyone else who is
inclined.   It really shouldn't matter if some persons find any number of
posts offensive - isn't that "diversity"?????   Theory is obviously more
palatable than the real deal for some persons.

Regards,

Barb