-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 1/4/99 11:56:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 They were also stupid enough not to realize the value of personal ownership
of wealth,
 and the productive power of capitalism... After all, that's why they were
living in
 tents and barely subsisting... "Hunters and gatherers" don't have any capital
to carry
 them over in hard times (such as a bad hunting season).  "Tribal mentality"
is the
 same as "slave mentality," which isn't known to result in creation of wealth
and
 prosperity. >>

The Native Americans should have been ashamed of themselves not to realize the
commercial value of property.   Of coure they were doing beautifully before
the colonists started killing them, but they just should have understood that
grabbing the most of everything is the mark of true civilization.  Maybe they
already understood the words I saw on an announcement board outside a local
church.  "When we die, we leave what we have and take what we are."  Prudy