-Caveat Lector-

>Tripp, 40 pounds lighter and completely made over since her August
>post-grand jury rehab show bombed on the courthouse steps, was tastefully
>attired in a checked jacket. Gone were the ungainly wings of hair, which
>at various times had given her the unwished-for appearance of a vast,
>demonic Pekingese. The formerly Pullman-size bags under her eyes had been
>reduced to carry-ons. The Tripp chin, which had tended toward floppiness
>in her earlier performances, was trimmer and tighter. Before she began
>her rigorous training for the National Rehab Tour, Tripp's face had an
>oversize, mannish quality that conjured up unfortunate images of a
>cackling hag stirring hideous ingredients in a big iron pot. Now her
>entire face looked more tender, more feminine, as if it had been
>skillfully sandblasted. Virtually all physical reminders of the bad old
>Tripp, the double double toil and trouble, hover through the fog and
>filthy air Tripp had been erased.

And here we have a perfect example of my contention that the worst cases
of sexism and misogyny are to be found in Liberals...

Why does how Tripp looks and dresses have ANYTHING to do with the FACTS of
the case...if she looked like a runway model, would that give her more
'credibility'?

When 'Conservatives' used the same tactics against spokeswomen of the
early Feminist movement, Liberals roundly condemned them...but it seems
such tactics are perfectly okay against those perceived to be enemies of
the 'Feminist' president...

>Tripp's on-camera demeanor also appeared to have benefited from
>first-class professional de-wicca-ing. Her expression, as reporter Jamie
>Gangel grilled her, remained sensitive and solicitous. The aggressive,
>quavering sanctimony of her infamous courthouse-steps appearance, when
Yes, we CAN'T have 'aggressive' women, can we?  Aggressiveness is a 'male'
trait, and any women who are perceived to have too much of what is
considered a positive trait in a male, is viewed negatively -- either
she's a 'bitch' or a 'lesbian', perhaps both...

Altho it's considered perfectly acceptable by the Left for one of their
OWN women to be 'aggressive', ala Bitch Goddess Hillary Klinton, they are
the first to resort to sexist remarks regarding any 'aggressive' woman who
ISN'T in their camp...

>Gone was the ineffective Body Snatcher rhetoric; instead, Tripp
>spoke, apparently from the region of her heart, of her maternal feelings.

Yes, 'maternal' feelings demonstrate that she now fits their image of the
'proper role' for a woman...and they wonder why modern Feminism has lost
credibility...

>She even, in what may have been a
>slight reach, solemnly reminded viewers that she had been an Army wife
>for many years.

Yes, after painting her as an 'ugly hag' (which, according to the Left, is
a fate worse than death for a woman), how could it be conceivable that
ANYONE ever found Ms. Tripp attractive enough to have married her?  That
she is NOT some lonely old spinster (another 'fate worse than death' the
Left lobs at women they don't like), but rather was married, and had
children (thereby fulfilling the 'natural role of women' that the Left
pushes)...

>even with those you ain't supposed to. Finally, we need a permanent comic
>villain -- both to put this whole mess behind us, and just because we're
>kinda sadistic that way --

Only if the 'we' refers to The Left...

>Tripp should either embrace her fate,

A 'fate' which the Left decrees belongs to her...

June

         "To love another person is to see the face of God."

                            -Les Miserables
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.