-Caveat Lector-

Edward Britton wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Howard:
>
> I am pleased to inform you that I, indeed, am one who agrees with the basic
> principle of rights to life and property, but, in practice, it never seems
> to work out that way for long given historical precedent--even under the
> best of governmental designs. And while, clearly, the "natural" laws of
> 'might makes right' are tyrannies to be eternally fought against, they
> somehow end up as the zero-point for a complacent society. The system
> always seem to degrade into tyranny untill we get involved in larege enough
> numbers to change our plight. This is my point, and one which appears to
> have basis in fact in America now, through the machinations of a near
> feudal and certainly tyrannical federal government.

I think it was Jefferson who said: "The price of liberty is eternal
vigilance". There are many who see government as a powerful tool which
they can use for their own benefit. They are smart enough to get others
to work against their own interests to put that tool into their hands
and to increase its power. They make the same false promises that have
been made by tyrants for millennia. We are long down that road to
another tyranny, but many are beginning to wake up.

Howard Davis