From: Conspiracy Theory Research List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Teo One Thousand
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 1999 10:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Our Founding Fathers on Christianity

 -Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 6/26/99 7:17:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> >Jesus is alive and well, thank you!
>  >
>  >
>  >That' your opinion. The majority of people
>   disagree.
>
>  > And, he doesn't think for us....he guides us, strengthens  us,
>
>  So it's his fault you people have raped, murdered, stolen and enslaved
for
>  a millinia and a half?
>
>  > and teaches us forgiveness..... and we need all that strength and
>  foregiveness to tolerate the liberals.
>
>  If you can tell a liberal from a conservative, more power to you. As for
>  me, no matter whether I look to the left or the right, if I look far
>  enough I see EXACTLY the same thing: a bunch of guys with guns who want
>  tell me how to screw, which drugs to take and when to show up for work.

First of all saying that "we all need Jesus" is proselytizing and has no
place here.  You may have your beliefs but do not try and tell others they
need to share them with you.  That said, Nessie's response was unnecessarily
harsh against the beliefs of the original poster.  Saying that "you people"
implying this individual and all Christians approve of rape and the other
things you identify, as well as carry them out, is just designed to inflame
so please refrain from this tactic.  One can point out the history of
Christianity and make a case for "the church" causing much death and other
harm during it's existence but let's NOT make this a personal issue or
attack
each other in such a way.
Thank you.
Teo1000

CTRL is a discussion and informational exchange list. Proselyzting
propagandic
and 'conspiracy theory', with its many half-truths, misdirections and
outright
gives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to
readers;