-Caveat Lector-

This is essentially what "magick" (spelled with a k to distinguish it from
stage magic) is all about: as Robert A. Heinlein put it in his classical
novelette *Waldo*, "Ordered universe...brought out of Chaos...by Mind!"
Factoring in such phenomena as non-local cause and effect (Wheeler) and
morphogenesis (Sheldrake), you get a worldview coming very close to that of
the main line of Western Magic and Occultism. In Aleister Crowley's words,
"Magick, mysticism, and mathematics are triplets."

        <snip>