By the way.... wmctrl has a -c option to 'delete windows'  as if you
pressed the 'x' button.

I did not find this feature in xdotool,  or xwit

though xdotool does have a kill or 'destory window' function,   xwit had
neither.

I am CC'ing this to the xdotool mailing list as it has active developement,
and I am suprised it does not have this 'delete' or close window function.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    <a.thys...@griffith.edu.au>
 Unix is a very user-friendly system --
     it's just not promiscuous about which user it's friendly with.
   Anthony's Castle     http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Anthony Thyssen <a.thys...@griffith.edu.au