On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 03:41:29PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Aaron Sloman, and lo! it spake thus:

> I mentioned previously that I had recently switched back to starting
> X from level 3, instead of going via level 5 (i.e. now avoiding
> using graphical login and xdm/gdm or whatever).
>
> I *think* my previously reported problems of keyboard input focus
> not always following the mouse have disappeared as a result.

I highly doubt it.  After all, I see it or related issues every once
in a while, and I haven't run xdm since last millennium.

And for that matter, the vtwm guys also report having apparently
similar troubles.  I think we can pretty well say it's not any sort of
"X environment" issue, nor (strictly speaking) a window manager bug;
it's something wacky and possibly new the application[0] is doing.

Now, it may be something we can work around in the WM.  It's still on
my list to look at, but that list never seems to shorten.  And I
haven't come up with a reliable way to trigger it either, which makes
it pretty near impossible.

[0] Now, does that means something Firefox is doing?  Or something GTK
    is doing?  I see issues around Evince more often than FF, which
    leads me to squint suspiciously at the latter, but who knows.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net