On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 08:18:59PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Rhialto, and lo! it spake thus:

> With the ctwm included in 9.1 (still with SloppyFocus), xev did get
> mouse events, but its window did not get the focus decoration
> change.  Keyboard events went to the previous window (which had the
> focus decoration). I'd say that this is a bug compared to later
> versions.

Well, I dunno what version that is, though
https://man.netbsd.org/NetBSD-9.1/i386/ctwm.1 lists 3.7.  Yow.

But anyway, xev doesn't set any WM_HINTS, so it'd be 4.0.0 before we
started forcing focus onto it anyway.  So, one _could_ argue that, as
a program that's there to monitor events, and probably wants keyboard
events, it's a bug that it doesn't ask the WM for keyboard events
too...  but yeah, current version would be always giving it focus
anyway.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net