On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 09:25:53AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Frank Steiner, and lo! it spake thus:

> I was trying to kill windows by name or by id as listed by "wmctrl
> -l".  But neither "wmctrl -c bla" nor "wmctrl -i -c 0x04e0000d"
> would kill my xterm with title "bla".

A quick look at the wmctrl source (close_window() func) shows that -c
is sending a _NET_CLOSE_WINDOW request
(https://specifications.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#idm46515148879760)

We don't seem to have any support for that.  Quick check: it'd
probably be in ewmh_atoms.in, to create the atom for the implementing
code to use.  Also we'd advertise it in _NET_SUPPORTED; see `xprop
-root _NET_SUPPORTED` for the list of EWMH stuff we claim to handle.

So...   it's _possible_, but only if someone implements it   8-}

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net