Hi,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:01:24AM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> I've mailed directly to Claude saying that I was *thinking* about take
> up the challenge of bringing CTWM further.

I was thinking about this too, but I am still unsure. I maintain
some other projects as well, so the remaining time would not be that
much. Anyway, *if* you are taking the project, I'd like to join the
team.

> As I'm writing, I'm thinking I need to get the picture, so I think
> I'll ask Claude to send me all versions he has a copy of (I want to
> make sure I have as much history as I can), or point at a URL, and I'd
> like to get all proposed patches he has available.  I'll go back into
> my mail archive and reread all I can so I can see the development as
> it has been going on the last year or so (I've been very much a
> lurker).  After that, I'll set up a CVS repository with all those
> versions and we'll go from there.  I'm thinking I could do
> maintainance for a while to kind of feel it out.  If I still like it
> in, say, half a year, I'll keep the "job", otherwise, I'll reassess
> the situation at that time.

As I (and others) already said, sourceforge.net would be the
best home for CTWM. Why? Because they have a complete environment,
there is place for a website, CVS server, mailinglist mangamement,
a compile-farm (which is a very cool thing) and a lot more
features. But the most important thing is that the whole system
can be managed by multiple users. So if you want to leave the
project someday then the project itself can still reside on
sourceforget.net; and other people can easily join the project.

regards, Tom