> Any chance that BIOS can do netboot?  It's a long shot perhaps,
> but I've owned several non-Intel machines of approximately that
> vintage that I've successfully netbooted NetBSD onto, for
> reasons similar to yours: the other possibilities required
> no-longer-functioning hardware.
>
>                       regards, tom lane

Unfortunately, no PXE BIOS option.

This was my first laptop and it ran Win98 originally (yep, scary). It
wasn't long before I realized I could run a BSD on it.

Maybe it's time to realize I can just enjoy a previous great release:
NetBSD 5.1. I have compiler tools on it, so still useful.

Thanks - Joel