On Thu, 21 Dec 2023, jo...@sdf.org wrote:

Unfortunately, no PXE BIOS option.

This was my first laptop and it ran Win98 originally (yep, scary). It
wasn't long before I realized I could run a BSD on it.

Maybe it's time to realize I can just enjoy a previous great release:
NetBSD 5.1. I have compiler tools on it, so still useful.

Thanks - Joel

I have always copied the new binaries and the netbsd-INSTALL kernel to the new system. Then boot netbsd-INSTALL.gz, which uses a ram disk, and tell it to do an update. I usually also get a backup of my root partition in case the update fails badly.

Mike

---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhi...@montana.edu
Operations Consulting,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA