From:   "IG", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<I've heard estimates that one third of the UK police
engage in corruption of some kind - ie take bribes
from criminals, resell seized drugs etc, engage in
clear-up figure fiddling etc. That one third of the UK
police know enough about corruption going on to make a
complaint with a reasonable hope of success - but
don't because you make too many enemies that way. And
that the remaining third of the UK police are honest,
usually those new on the job and/or in lowly
positions.>>

As you might expect......lol........a few comments are worthy in response to
the above paragraph, which was probably written with absolutely no venom
dribbling onto the keyboard.

I have heard that shooters are all homicidal maniacs. Not a proportion, all
of 'em. I have also heard that almost one half of shooters own illegally
held firearms. Sorry, weapons. I have personally, with my own ears, heard it
said that shooters are not to be trusted with firearms (sorry, weapons)
because they just want to kill people. I do believe it has been rumoured in
the very best rumour circles, that target shooters are all sad anorak types.
Another thing, heard by a cousin of a friend of mine in a pub, spoken by a
man he didnt know and will never see again but was called Smith, was that
34.7 % of shooters hate the police! (this was whispered so it could have
been a mistake).

Moral of the story:  why let truth get in the way of a good rumour!

Oh, and as I'm not new in the job (or anywhere else I suppose!) then I must
be in a lowly position....so I can't know what I'm talking about......or
else I am corrupt!  Now that what I call a no win situation. <g>

IG

PS Please excuse the sarcasm. The original post wasn't worth anything else.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]