On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 11:58  AM, Faustine wrote:
> If, when I came here, I had made the deliberate choice to make an
> effort at
> "getting along" by emphasizing our similarities instead of differences,
> I dare
> say the motivation to dissect-and-destroy every last comment I ever
> make would
> be nonexistent.

You haven't contributed anything interesting that I can recall. Even if
you discount my comments, surely you must have noticed that rarely do
your posts generate significant follow-up. (Which is a small blessing.)

Sometimes you natter about about you think the RAND Corporation, your
apparent ideal, would do things, and sometimes you praise Herman Kahn
and other O.R. types. But you have nothing significant to contribute
about anything closely related to list themes.

You should think about some of the real issues and come up with some
kind of incisive analysis or creative proposal--even Choate is more
on-topic than you've been. The lectures from you about how we're a bunch
of untrained amateurs are getting old.

--Tim May
"Dogs can't conceive of a group of cats without an alpha cat." --David
Honig, on the Cypherpunks list, 2001-11