On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Adam Shostack wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:22:14AM -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:
> The other motivator is liability.  If I build the mugger's little
> helper, a PDA attachement that scans for real prada bags, then perhaps
> the RFID tag will be removed at the counter after the first lawsuit.

I think economics would be a better argument.  If the manufacturer
can recycle the tags for inventory control they can save a lot of money.
10 cents per item isn't much, but at millions of items it becomes worth
while.  Having the tag removed at the counter so they can be sent back to
the manufacturer along with returns and defects saves money, and that
argument carries more weight to someone trying to make a profit than
anything else.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike