On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:57:27AM -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
| "If I build the mugger's little
| helper, a PDA attachement that scans for real prada bags, then perhaps
| the RFID tag will be removed at the counter after the first lawsuit."
|
| Nice! Possibly, it might not even be necessary for the "Little Helper" to
| read the tag, only detect its presence. Counterfeit bags probably won't
| have the tag, and if they do (and the copies are good enough), the mugger
| won't care.

We designed the Pickpocket's pal to detect large amounts of currency
this way.  It just helps you size up your victim, or at least size up
their wad of cash.

(There were some complications, because the tags do try not to chat at
the same time, but hey, how well designed do you think a 10c item is?)

Adam

                                                       -Hume