At 09:38 AM 3/14/2003 -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:40:27AM -0500, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:24:35AM -0800, Mike Rosing wrote:
> > I think economics would be a better argument.  If the manufacturer
> > can recycle the tags for inventory control they can save a lot of money.
>
> And public pressure. Here's a piece I wrote a few months ago that
> included some recommendations:
>
> "RFID tags: Big Brother in small packages"
> http://news.com.com/2010-1069-980325.html

Wonder what happens when one of the tags is placed in a microwave oven. Its likely to do some instant damage without harming many tagged articles, if they aren't left in long. I would think that the RFID manufactures would WANT to design their tags for such easy destruction to placate consumer privacy fears.

steve