Hi Chris,

I post a screenshot of a similar problem, showing how I used the color
reconstruction module. The screenshot contains a snapshot, so that half the
image is the darktable default, including the basecurve.

I drag the sliders until I get the best result.

Prior to color reconstruction, I lowered the exposure using the exposure
module.

See the screen here: https://nc.alweb.dk/index.php/s/ndbtqwwvWCbvu2Z

Kindly,
Anders