* Chris Cunnington <bydersjo...@gmail.com> [01-01-70 12:34]:
> As have been a lot of my replies today... I do not do things blindly, I
> work with lossy on purpose and have my reasons which have worked well for
> me for over 5 years now.
>
> but whilst everyone has now decided to point blame at the dng format I
> think we can stop this thread. As I hoped to learn more about DT, not dng.
>
> DT, clearly needs to find simpler solutions to its not so simple/effecient
> highlight recovery/reconstruction workflow. Most of my searching lead to
> blogs with this being the biggest complaint.
>
> Chris
>

> On Sun, 08 Apr 2018, 23:12 Michael Rasmussen <m...@miras.org> wrote:
>
> > Two important things concerning the DNG*) format:
> > 1) Lossless is an option
> > 2) The DNG format also specifies a non-raw format called Linear DNG.
> > See http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/linear.htm
> >
> > If any of the above is in actual play then your results are to be
> > expected.
> >
> > *) https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html
> >
> > --
> > Hilsen/Regards
> > Michael Rasmussen
> >
> > Get my public GnuPG keys:
> > michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
> > http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD3C9A00E
> > mir <at> datanom <dot> net
> > http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE501F51C
> > mir <at> miras <dot> org
> > http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917

you put dt in an untenable situation, then blame it for your failings to
achieve what you say is possible with lr, but use a tool specifically
built for lr to convert images to a secondary format, altering and/or
destroying information from the original raw format that dt would use.
then claim your previous work path has worked adequately for you for over
5 years, that the dng format is not the point of your discussion.

your previous work path does not fit your present work path, using dt.  so
use the original raw image with dt, revert to your previous work path
using lr and dng, or continue to complain that you cannot make apples
resemble oranges.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode