As have been a lot of my replies today... I do not do things blindly, I
work with lossy on purpose and have my reasons which have worked well for
me for over 5 years now.

but whilst everyone has now decided to point blame at the dng format I
think we can stop this thread. As I hoped to learn more about DT, not dng.

DT, clearly needs to find simpler solutions to its not so simple/effecient
highlight recovery/reconstruction workflow. Most of my searching lead to
blogs with this being the biggest complaint.

Chris