On 07/12/2020 15:40, Justin Abonce wrote:

    I've been having an issue with opening these image files into your software and I'm not really sure what the problem is. I hope you can get back to me soon, as I want to experiment with the program itself.

Your post says little to nothing about the procedures you were carrying out.

On YouTube there are quite a number of instructional videos on the use of Darktable demonstrating the procedures to follow. While some of them use previous versions of darktable the basic principles of how to use the menus/menu bar, image loading and importing are still valid.

I suggest that you watch those videos a few times over, learn from them and then try again following that work-flow.

If, after trying that and experimenting around those principles in your own context you still have an abject failure, get back to us here. Please do not post screen shots. Please be as DESCRIPTIVE of what you were doing as you can.

If we need 'evidence' then we're going to be more interested in error messages and the content of log files, which is textual, rather than graphical such as screen shots.

Thank you for your interest.

--
"Success is 20% skills and 80% strategy. You might know how to read, but
more importantly, what's your plan to read?"  -- Jim Rohn.