* David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [01-05-21 13:02]:
> One further comment: For new users not having 'recursive' as a basis for
> importing may well lead to substantial thrashing. I do understand why one
> may wish to change the value but the default should, in my view, be
> recursive.
>
> On 2021-01-05 9:33 a.m., Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [01-05-21 12:27]:
> > > Thank you Patrick ... you are always a fountain of knowledge. I am
> > > surprised
> > > that such a basic item is located differently in the various versions.

> > 3.4.1 will probably be the same as I don't believe backports are being
> > applied to 3.4.0

but one *usually* works a group of images just transferred from the camera
card and *usually* to one location and in this sense, non-recursive would
be the expected default.

if one procrastinates and imports larger and/or multiple groups of images at
one time, recursive *might* be a better choice.

but now we are at the same point of using a card-reader or importing
directly from the camera.  I personally cannot understand wasting my
precious expensive camera batteries for transferring files.  or the
related inherent clumsiness with my aged arthritic fingers.

different strokes ...

take more pictures and less ...
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode