IN some resources it may be named as Madgao which is the correct
pronunciation. Railways uses this name.

There is a separate town which is Marmagoa or MOrmugao which is actually
locally pronounced as Murgao
This is separate

So there are two different towns with confusing names

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormugao

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margao

The first one is a port city