HI,

My thought in the work flow for the process is like this.

Study the tables at Village level for the Whole of India by comparing
multiple sources.

Three sources come to mind first 1. Census 2011, 2. LGB Directory 3. The
new data shared by Naveen on Land records

Most important fact that I feel is though the Second Admin and Third Admin
keep changing the villages by far remain the same.
Not many new villages will be Created or Cease to exist

SO having the latest data (TABLE) at village level is most important.
We could freeze it up to a level and then for everything that is not clear
we can have a remark at village level

We can do this for all of India together

After this start with working on the polygons ...