On 2003-02-25 21:34:52 -0800, Jonathan Leffler wrote:
> Generally speaking, I've been impressed with 5.8.0 on both Solaris 7
> (UltraSparc) and also on MacOS X (10.2.3 at the moment).  On MacOS X,
> there's a peculiarity in the way CPAN and CPANPLUS manage to put the
> first character of output on the last character of the previous line,
> but I assume that's something to do with terminal description and/or
> curses implementation rather than a Perl problem per se.

Is there a mailing-list for diskussing Term::Readline issues?

I have seen the same behaviour  with various perl versions (5.6.x, 5.8.,
maybe even 5.005) on Linux and HP-UX for some time (don't know exactly
when it started), so I think this is a generel problem with
Term::Readline (I think, maybe its somewhere else), not one with a
specific curses implementation.

As a workaround, you can unset the EDITOR variable.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | Unser Universum wäre betrüblich
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | unbedeutend, hätte es nicht jeder
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/   |  -- Seneca, naturales quaestiones