Shawn,

I tried to search but did not find an implementation of shell elements in deal.II. Since this is a commonly used element, I'd like to make sure that it's not me missing it. Could you please help confirm?

That depends on how exactly you define "shell elements". But if you mean "elements that are not only continuous but also have continuous derivatives, for use in problems with fourth derivatives", then the answer is "no".

Of course, there are other approaches to solve shell problems -- maybe even better ones than using shell elements -- that are available in deal.II. This includes using mixed methods.

Best
 W.