Daniel Pocock dijo [Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 06:29:51PM +0100]:
> On 20/12/15 18:18, Allison Randal wrote:
> > On 12/19/2015 01:09 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> >> On 18/12/15 14:48, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> >>(...)
> >> Freezing the decision process may also be a practical way of emphasizing
> >> to the wider community that DebConf would welcome more contributions.
> > Our blocker right now isn't really the wider Debian community, so this
> > isn't putting pressure on the right point. The best approach may be to
> > say that the DPL is acting DebConf chair until he puts a new delegation
> > in place. That both gives us an established authority figure to slot in
> > place for immediate needs, and also encourages him to hurry up on
> > forming the delegation, so he doesn't have to spend the time on
> > day-to-day DebConf management.
>
> The chairs resigned citing very specific issues with DebConf
> organization.  Simply proceeding without any chairs may also be a little
> disrespectful to that final decision of the chairs.
>
> That said, you are right about the DPL's involvement.  If the DPL was
> fulfilling the role of the chairs in the meeting or if he simply gives
> the DebConf committee a green light to go ahead without chairs or with
> somebody appointed chair on an interim basis then it would certainly
> make the process more robust.  I'm not stating any opinion on whether he
> should or shouldn't do either of those things, but if other people want
> to ask him, I hope it helps.

I agree with Daniel and Allison here. Now, this message has been
sitting for around two weeks. I believe that, given the lack of
delegates, their powers revert to the DPL - I agree, he has not been
expressly "summoned" to this thread, so I'm hereby doing so. But yes,
we have been expecting interaction from the DPL for far longer than
that.

So, please, Neil, what would be your stand on the current situation
and upcoming tasks for DebConf? How should this proceed? Can we
consider you a part of the Committee for the upcoming decision?