    > That looks the search engine needs fixing then.
I guess the search engine will need a replacement by another tool.
That means a lot of work but currently noone is working on that.

    > I'm not convinced at all; it's frequent to go back and look when this or
    > that change was introduced, and actively removing useful information due
    > to technical limitations in a search engine doesn't seem convincing at
    > all.
IMO the target group of our web pages are mainly end users, which are
not interested in this detailed technical infos at all.
"it's frequent to go back" may only apply to some developers of the
installer. I've never looked backed at all and news or changes from
that long ago does not seem worth keeping.
And we will still have these news/announcements on the
debian-devel-announce mailing list.

best regards Thomas