Thomas Lange <la...@cs.uni-koeln.de> (2023-09-06):
> I guess the search engine will need a replacement by another tool.
> That means a lot of work but currently noone is working on that.

That's unfortunately a frequent situation. That still doesn't justify
removing useful information.

> IMO the target group of our web pages are mainly end users, which are
> not interested in this detailed technical infos at all.

I disagree. That part is specifically under the *devel/* namespace.

> "it's frequent to go back" may only apply to some developers of the
> installer. I've never looked backed at all and news or changes from
> that long ago does not seem worth keeping.

Your absence of need doesn't cancel our actual need. Which by the way
might be for our sake or for users'…

> And we will still have these news/announcements on the
> debian-devel-announce mailing list.

That's much more cumbersome to wade through than looking into a central
place.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>