I used the current Sarge netinst CD to install Sid. It worked.

But I am not sure whether aptitude is a good choice for d-i.
Surely aptitude is a great tool, but sometimes it choses some
pretty unlikely packets to resolve dependencies (e.g. xscreensaver
recommends "wordlist", which aptitude resolved by selecting
wcatalan instead of wamerican). It even insisted upon installing
libc5 due to an unlucky chain of dependencies. IMHO dselect is
more clever here.

Regards

Harri

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]