Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I don't know where the dot comes from neither...
> I'm wondering where /etc/hostname comes from at all...
>
> The wired /etc/mailname comes from my totaly wrong fix for the mailname
> issue (prebaseconfig copied /etc/hosts to /target/etc/mailname).
> The patch I attached should fix this in theory, but as I only have a
> modem connection atm I'm unable to test it. I will try to do at least
> half of an install.

I don't feel this is the right fix. /etc/hostname does not have the same
format as /etc/hosts either! Instead, why not just make netcfg
echo the hostname to /proc/sys/kernel/hostname. I belive that exim4's
postinst will do the right thing if the hostname is actually set. We may
also need to write a (correct) value to /etc/hostname, but I'm not sure.

--
see shy jo