I've been contacted by a member of the NetBSD team, who expressed that the
general opinion seems to be that "Debian GNU/KNetBSD" is a better name for
the port than "Debian GNU/NetBSD", both because it is more specific about
what's going on, and because it doesn't dilute the NetBSD trademark. While
the former is less true of, say, my work, the latter is certainly a valid
concern.

Of course, this leads to the question of naming things for the ports
that use native libc rather than GNU libc.

KLNetBSD (Kernel + Libc)?
KCNetBSD (Kernel + libC, Kernel + Core)?
CNetBSD (Core)?

Debian GNU/MostlyNetBSD? NotQuiteNetBSD? :)

But seriously - since it is not unreasonable to view "NetBSD" as not only
/usr/src, but /usr/pkgsrc and the bug system and everything the project
does, is there some meaningful way of representing what pieces we *are*
using, for those of us using the kernel and libc?
--
Joel Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :