Hi Joel,

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:50:16PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> I've been contacted by a member of the NetBSD team, who expressed that the
> general opinion seems to be that "Debian GNU/KNetBSD" is a better name for
> the port than "Debian GNU/NetBSD", both because it is more specific about
> what's going on, and because it doesn't dilute the NetBSD trademark. While
> the former is less true of, say, my work, the latter is certainly a valid
> concern.

This summer Robert and I were discussing on the naming convention and
concluded that we would like to use KFreeBSD wherever possible, for
consistrency and to not confuse users or developers, etc. So now we have:

        uname -s:               GNU/KFreeBSD
        config.guess triplet:   <arch>-(pc|unknown)-kfreebsd<version>-gnu
        Debian port name:       Debian GNU/KFreeBSD
        Debian arch name:       freebsd-<arch>

The Debian arch name is not consistent, because the dpkg maintainers
disagreed with the name change, and we didn't want to discuss it
endlessly, we wanted the patches integrated to have a functional system.

My question is, what names were you thinking on changing (if that change
is considered) ?

regards,
guillem