Hi,

J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> When the CD is scanned properly using this process, but the DVD fails, then
> your DVD is bad. Maybe the DVD has bad data on it (corrupted download), or
> the DVD burner is bad, or the DVD reader is bad.

I agree in principle. But the particular reason for the firmware's refusal
to consider booting the DVD should be found out.

So i would still be interested in seeing the output of

  xorriso -indev /dev/sr0 -toc -report_el_torito plain

while the DVD is in the drive, and of

  xorriso -outdev /dev/sr0 -list_profiles

regardless whether the medium is loaded or not.
(If there is more than one optical drive, the address might be /dev/sr1 or
/dev/sr2.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas