(Corrected the recipients, these mails should go to the bug).

Le lundi, 25 février 2019, 14.23:31 h CET Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :
> Le samedi, 23 février 2019, 12.12:13 h CET Niko Tyni a écrit :
> > > * B: The desireable solution at the time of bullseye is `hard`; both
> > > directory schemes should be allowed, and packages can be built on hosts
> > > with either classical or "merged-`/usr`" directory schemes.
> >
> > Isn't this the 'middle' option above rather than 'hard'?
>
> Actually, it's both.  The only difference between 'middle' and 'hard' is
> that in 'middle', _official_ packages can be built on either directory
> schemes, where in 'hard', they are only built on "merged-`/usr`" directory
> schemes.
>
> The distinction I was trying to make in the table is the following:
>
> * on which directory scheme Debian would build its "official" packages on
> (columns 5 & 6) ; 'weak' is "classical directory scheme", 'middle' is
> "both", 'hard' is "merged-/usr".
> * whether .debs built on A can break on B (columns 7 & 8).  All of 'weak',
> 'middle' and 'hard' long-term statuses allow .debs to be built from either
> directory scheme and be installed on either without constraints

Wrong, actually (hit send too fast). The intent behind 'weak' was: "merged-/
usr" is allowed, but packages built on these directory schemes can break on
classical directory schemes.

So that should have read:

* whether .debs built on A can break on B (columns 7 & 8). 'middle' and 'hard'
long-term statuses allow .debs to be built from either directory scheme and be
installed on either without constraints; 'weak' permits "merged-/usr"
directory schemes, but packages built there can break on classical directory
schemes.

Cheers,
    OdyX