Hi Sean,

I hoped respected members like Sam would send additional ideas first,
but then did not wish to keep you waiting.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 7:01 PM Sean Whitton <spwhit...@spwhitton.name> wrote:

> Do you think it shouldn't have those other roles, maybe?  That would
> correspond to the last of our proposals, I think.

As a computer project, Debian's highest decision making body should
probably be a Technical Committee. Current committee members who like
to adjudicate more along human lines, under my proposal, may wish to
join the Community Team.

> I think we think of the community team as mostly about the CoC

Please keep an open mind. The Community Team would quickly shed its
image of a pronoun-wielding social reformer and become a universally
respected arbiter of justice—especially when elected. They have the
human touch.

Debian needs more empathy. People are not logical like machines. They
are burdened by ideas and have fears and hopes. Plus, some do not
lightheartedly express how they feel. Solving conflicts in a unified
system brings all that out in one place, and makes peace.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner