On 2022-09-27 Zack Weinberg <z...@owlfolio.org> wrote:
[...]
> What I am asking for is a schedule change: specifically, that the
> merged /usr transition not be allowed to proceed past the status quo
> as of two weeks ago (i.e. *before* init-system-helpers added a
> dependency on usrmerge|usr-is-merged) until after the dpkg bugs are
> fixed to the satisfaction of the dpkg maintainers.
[...]

Hello Zack,

Afaiui the only thing the change two weeks caused is an increased
percentage of usrmerged Debian installations.

Afaict the problem is unchanged: There is a very large number of
usrmerged systems (every system installed with bullseye installer or
newer unless some very specific steps were taken to avoid this) which
are prone to bugs due to dpkg not having been changed *first*. This
number is of usrmerged systems is so large that we cannot mark them as
unsupported ("Please reinstall"). Whether this percentage is 25% or 90%
does not matter.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'