Hi,

On Thu, 2023-05-11 at 00:32 +0200, Ansgar wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-05-10 at 23:47 +0200, Ansgar wrote:
> > Cool, then let's ask tech-ctte.
> >
> > Dear ctte, please consider overruling the dpkg maintainer to
> > include
> > the patch from #994388[1].
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ansgar
> >
> >   [1]: https://bugs.debian.org/994388#397
>
> For derivatives based on Debian stable it might be worth having this
> included in the next stable release; this would need a fairly quick
> decision on this issue.

The full freeze is approaching and there has been no progress on this
issue. Does the ctte think a decision before the release is still
possible?

As asked earlier I'm also interested in whether the ctte thinks there
is enough consensus about how this issue should be solved or do we
need a longer discussion to explore the solution space?

I admit not having read all mails in the thread as it went fairly off
topic IMHO.

Ansgar