Hi Gunar

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 12:14:42PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> dpkg has many bits that make it special. It has been discussed whethe
> dpkg should be a native package or it should become non-native; if it
> were non-native, having a patch that contradicts the upstream author's
> wishes would be easier (and I'm not saying that I'd be up for patching
> this warning out as it is).

But why does the state of the package (native vs non-native) can have
any effect on a CTTE decision?  Or do you want to say I can block CTTE
from reaching any kind of decision just by uploading a package as
native?  Sorry, but this does not compute.

> If we were to force a patch silencing out this warning right now and
> for all of the Bookworm cycle, and the dpkg authors disagree with it,
> they could remove (even omit to include it) in any updates.

Sure, but this is a direct violation of a CTTE decision.  How often do
you think someone could do that?

Bastian

--
        "Life and death are seldom logical."
        "But attaining a desired goal always is."